About Our School
At Washington Virtual Academies (WAVA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there’s an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with WAVA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages WAVA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
WAVA at a Glance
Open to Washington residents in grades K–12
Rigorous, highly interactive curriculum
Choice of WAVA’s standard or new FLEX Program
Opportunities for middle schoolers to earn high school credits
Career readiness education for middle and high school students
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. And they keep the lines of communication open through: