CAREER AND COLLEGE PREP
Make a Difference
What if high school was all you needed to get started on your dream job? Many healthcare careers don't require a college degree. You can begin making a difference sooner than you thought!
Which pathways are offered?
Medical Assistant—Students develop the knowledge base, skills, and behaviors that entry-level medical assistants need to succeed. Students are introduced to anatomy and physiology, diagnostic tests, diseases and disorders, treatments, and nutrition.
Nursing Assistant—This pathway prepares students to work under the supervision of licensed healthcare professionals to perform direct basic nursing care in medical settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Dental assistant
- Nursing assistant
- Medical assistant
- Home health aide
- Physical therapy aide
- Personal trainer
- Rehabilitation aide
- Chiropractor assistant
- Optometric assistant
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- NOCTI Nursing Assistant (Job Ready Assessment)
- NOCTI Dental Assisting (Job Ready Assessment)
- NOCTI Medical Assisting (Job Ready Assessment)
- State-based Certified Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA)
- AMCA Physical Therapy Technician Certification (PTTC)
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- ACSM Certified Group Fitness Trainer
- NHA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- NHA Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)