Health & Human Services
Make a Difference
What if high school was all you needed to get started on your dream job? Many healthcare careers don't require a college degree. You can begin making a difference sooner than you thought!
Which pathway is offered?
Dental Assisting—This pathway prepares students to work directly with patients by providing care, treatment, counseling, and health education information. Students in this pathway may go on to a career as dental assistants, certified nursing assistants, registered nurses, pharmacy technicians, and more.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Dental Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Assistant
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- NOCTI Nursing Assistant (Job Ready Assessment)
- NOCTI Dental Assisting (Job Ready Assessment)
- NOCTI Medical Assisting (Job Ready Assessment)
- State-based Certified Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA)
- AMCA Physical Therapy Technician Certification (PTTC)
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- ACSM Certified Group Fitness Trainer
- NHA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- NHA Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- NCCT Tech in Surgery Certification (TS-C)
- AMT Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)